DIY Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Okay, so I am personally known for having a pretty large stock of dog treats on hand at all times. I seriously use some sort of treat, for Drake, every single day. Whether it's encouragement for the new trick he's learning, or to just ease the guilt I feel when leaving for work, I always have some handy.
To match this crazy treat obsession of mine, I am also slightly obsessed with the quality of the treats I buy. Look, I've heard too many horror stories about "treats gone bad" to purchase just any ole bag of chicken jerky! So with that being said, what better way to know EXACTLY what is going into your dogs food, than to make it yourself?
I have found and collaborated different recipes to make the perfect, no to mention EASY, do it yourself dog treats! There is no worrying about suspicious ingredients or quality when it's homemade! There is only pure bliss and delightful smells to fill your kitchen with these DIY peanut butter dog cookies!
- 1/2 Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour (you may end up adding more flour as you go)
- 1/2 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Organic Chicken Stock (you may also substitute vegetable or beef stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and peanut butter together.
- Slowly mix in the stock and stir until everything is combined. The dough should be pretty thick.
- Use your hands to gather the dough and roll or press into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin (ours courtesy of the FAB Valek Rolling Pins) roll out the dough until you get the desired thickness for your treats!
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough and place on the baking sheet (use a bone shaped cutter if your super cutesy OR just a glass cup if your "resourceful" like me).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of your treats).
... and VIOLA! You have homemade dog treats that your pup will absolutely drool over! Seriously, look at Drake's face! Couldn't even get a clear picture once he caught a whiff of the cookies!
But best of all, you didn't even break a sweat... or the bank!